The Junior Competitive Program was established in 2010 as a 'step-up' in Jumps & Bumps for aspiring young athletes who had a will to compete. In the first 2 years of the program, 10 out of 10 of the original members had a podium finish in a Regional or BC Series event. This year in 2016/17 the AFC has 2 athletes on the Canadian National Team, 7 athletes on the BC Provincial Mogul Team, 3 on the Alberta Mogul Team and guess what? 6 are from the original 10 who started the program. WOW!
Our goal in this program is to introduce the same structure as Competitive Freestyle while maintaining the emphasis on a whole lotta fun. Athletes will be trained in the competitve aspects of freestyle skiing Saturdays and Sundays from 9am-3pm (1 hour lunch) with optional off season trampoline, water ramping and dry land training available.
The program is open to young skiers 8 to 12 years of age upon evaluation by the coaches. Skiers will have the option to compete in all BC Super Youth Challenge and select Okanagan Regional events throughout the season. For those athletes not participating in the competitions, there will be no classes on those days. The competition dates are posted on our calendar.
New participants wanting to enter this program must contact Head Coach Kenni Kuroda, firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering.
The sustainability of the Apex Freestyle Club depends on volunteers and fundraising. This year the Apex Freestyle Club will be holding a raffle that all club members will have to participate in. The tickets are mandatory to be purchased as part of the athletes registration. This is a way for the athletes to get more involved in club activities by selling the tickets to recoup the initial cost while fundraising for the club. When payment is received the tickets will be sent to you or pick up arranged.
2016/17 REGISTRATION - EARLY BIRD DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 15, 2016
Space is limited in this program
• On snow training starts: 1st Saturday of Apex's opening
• Days/Hours: Saturday's and Sunday's from 9am - 3pm (1hour lunch)
• Regular Fee: $1250 if paid by October 15, 2016 ($1375 after October 15, 2016)
• Mandatory Raffle Ticket Purchase: $200 per athlete
• Payment Plan Option: You will receive an invoice by email with payment options
- Upon registration an email will be sent to you with payment and payment options
- If you have not received your invoice within 7 days please contact email@example.com
- Thank you for your registration for the Jr. Competitive Program
Fees do not include Mandatory Canadian Freestyle Ski Association membership insurance: http://freestyleski.com/member-services/cfsa-member-registration/ - Please see our Programs page for information and AFC refund policy.