This year we are offering for the first time, a 10-week Big Mountain Skiing program for skiers 13 and over with advanced skiing skills. The program will combine big mountain skiing with avalanche training, first aid, rescue and basic aerial training. As well as being coached on skiing technique, athletes will spend time in the classroom receiving instruction from qualified professionals in the other areas of safety. The program will run for 10 consecutive weekends, Saturday and Sunday beginning January 13, 2018 and running until March 18, 2018.
2017/18 REGISTRATION - REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
• Days/Hours: Saturday's & Sunday's from 9am – 3pm (1 hour lunch)
• 2 Days a Week: $750 if paid by December 1, 2017 ($950 after December 1, 2017)
• 1 Day a Week: $550 if paid by December 1, 2017($650 after December 1, 2017)
*Price does not include the cost of other courses affiliated with this program. A full list of courses and costs will be posted on this site prior to December 1, 2017.
**WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS PROGRAM IF MINIMUM ENROLMENT IS NOT MET AT WHICH TIME A FULL REFUND WILL BE ISSUED.
Fees do not include Mandatory Freestyle Canada/Goalline membership & insurance (Canfree 1&2) Please see our Programs page for information and AFC refund policy.
ADDITIONAL COURSES (payment for additional courses will be collected at a later date)
AVALANCHE SKILLS TRAINING 1 (AST 1) - THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Friday, January 12, 2018 (evening) - Time & Location TBA - Sunday, January 14, 2018 (Apex)
This is an important part of our Big Mountain program and is a mandatory requirement.
What you will learn in an AST 1:
- avalanche formation and release
- identify avalanche terrain
- the basics of trip planning
- optimal use of tools and resources like the avalanche forecasts to mitigate your avalanche risk
- use appropriate travel techniques in avalanche terrain
- intro to companion rescue